Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘COA’

January 2010 GNL Meeting Minutes

DRAFT

GNL Jan 11, 2010

Meeting notes

7:04 called to order

Attendance: Joan McEnery, Harry Worley, Paige Rose, Henry Conde, Ted Warren, Irene Blake, Brian Douglas Smith & Jon Hanbury

Absent: Barbara Murphy, Mike Spencer, and Suzanne Williams

Program

Crime Report – The holiday detail caught a juvenile braking into a car near 21st St and Colonial Ave. An unmarked police vehicle caught a male stealing a delivery package left at a residence and upon further investigation discovered more items stolen still with the shipping manifest. This enabled many of the packages to be returned. There was a robbery at the Donut Dinette on Colley Ave.  The police are still searching for the robber but they have few details to assist. A female was robbed in the 700 Graydon Ave block while walking from her apartment and later her credit card was used by the suspects. In total there were 5 larcenies and 5 vandalism’s (many related to each other and occurring at the hospital parking lot).

Reports

Treasure’s report – Statement received at meeting, no report given, asked for a year end report for 2009.

PayPal – Try to get up and running with in week.

Ghent Task Force – Written report given by Mike Spencer – see attached.

Benches & Homeless – Suggest we review get report from Board Member Murphy, who is on the Mayors Task Force on Homelessness.

Trash cans – board was in full agreement on #2,

Benches – all board in full agreement on bench #1

Street Tree Replacement – Suggested to add info to request new tree or plant your own – suggested to add info to website.

Board Member Conde – Asked to add to newsletter.

GBA – Jan 24-31 Restaurant Week – local business and restaurants participating

– Add the GBA site info to the GNL site on this event.

Block Security Program – Meeting at end of month – Cmte to send out outline of sectors and vacancies to Board and post on website

– Ghent Greeter Program – suggested to ask Mrs Ott if she is interested in taking over.

HAPC – City suggesting requesting a building permit for items that do not require a building permit but do require a COA. The city think this will help in monitoring possible situations requiring a COA.

Suggestions/Thoughts – Board Member Worley – Felt it would create a blockage in replacing roofs or other items in a timely manner.

Board Member Warren – Felt it was a tax imposed for those in the historical districts.

Board Member McEnery – Felt that city needs to do additional outreach and make a better effort to notify and educate the historic areas.

Board Decision – Board is not in favor of this approach – all in favor of this opinion.

Committee Report

Membership – Mail out membership letter immediately.

Magnet – Send out after to all in area after the membership mailing.

Community Improvements – no report

Sec Rep – see Block Security Program above

Publicly/Social Events – Suggesting to look into Facebook – checking into having a specialist come to the March meeting to speak to us about the benefits of social networking.

Communications

Newsletter –

Press Releases – ask Susanne to handle this

Program – February – New Co-ordinator of Homeless project

March – Social Media

April – candidates forum –

May – Historic Preservation Month – Susannah Winstead

New Business

Request from Roland Park – Ask for more detail and invite to Feb meeting.


Read Full Post »

November 16, 2009 Meeting Agenda

Location
Blair Middle School
Time
7:00 PM
Featured Speaker
Dr. Theresa W. Whibley
Councilwoman – Ward 2
Norfolk City Council

Program

6:30 p.m
Board work session
7:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Introductions of Board Members, Members, and Guests

(more…)

Read Full Post »

A preliminary agenda has been distributed by the Norfolk Department of Planning and Community Development for the next Design Review Committee meeting.

Date and time
September 21, 2009 4:00 p.m.
Location
Norfolk City Hall
Department of Planning and Community Development
810 Union Street #508
10th Floor Conference Room
Norfolk, VA 23510
Map

Informal discussion of agenda items is at 3:30 p.m. for interested parties in the 5th floor conference room.

(more…)

Read Full Post »