Posts Tagged ‘Christ & St. Lukes’
The Norfolk Design Review Committee is scheduled to hear Christ and St. Luke’s application for a final review of its expansion project Monday, July 23, 4 p.m, in the 10th floor conference room at City Hall; the informal discussion of the committee’s agenda is half an hour earlier in the 5th floor conference room.
The church’s most recent design for its proposed addition at the corner of Boissevain and Stockley Gardens has not been submitted to the Ghent Neighborhood League for review. The addition is to replace the Guild Hall, an early 20th-century structure in Ghent’s historic district which, according to earlier city permits, is to be dismantled and recreated at the opposite corner of the intersection.
Decisions made by the committee are forwarded to the Norfolk Planning Commission which, in all likelihood, will conduct the final review Thursday afternoon. For details of the project call V. Anne Guthrie, senior planner, Department of Planning & Community Development, 664-4364.
On Monday, April 9, the Norfolk Design Review Committee will hear two applications by Christ and St. Luke’s Church:
– Preliminary review of the proposed new addition
– Final review for the Guild House
The informal discussion is at 3 p.m. on the fifth floor of City Hall; the consideration of design review applications is at 4 p.m. in the 10th floor conference room of City Hall.
After review by the Design Review Committee, the Norfolk Planning Commission will hear the two applications on Thursday, April 12, 1 p.m., on the 10th floor of City Hall.
Following is the preliminary agenda for the Norfolk Design Review Committee meeting on Monday, Dec. 12, 4 p.m., 10th floor conference room in City Hall.
Ghent Certificates of Appropriateness
– 716 Redgate Ave., multi-family structure; new windows installation
– 531 Warren Crescent; new addition & landscape improvements (preliminary)
– 508 Mowbray Arch; new addition
– 560 W. Olney Rd., Christ and St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, final review of landscape plans (Guild and new construction)
– 840 Redgate; new construction of condominium (preliminary)