The Blue Moon Harbor Lights Half Marathon will take place this Sunday, starting at 7:30am. Part of the course runs through the Ghent neighborhood, which will impact traffic flows.
The info below is also available, … and better formatted 😉 … here:
Sunday Schedule & Half Marathon Course Overview:
– The Blue Moon Harbor Lights Half Marathon will start at 7:30am on Sunday, 11/23, on Boush St. near Main St. in downtown Norfolk.
– The half marathon course will wind through the downtown area, then turn left on W. Olney from Boush St. The first runner will be in the vicinity of the Hague at 7:40am. The last runner will reach the Hague at 8:30am.
– The course will continue in front of the Chrysler Museum, go left around Mowbray Arch, left on W. Olney, then right on Colley Ave.
– The course returns to the Ghent area when it turns left off 19th St. on to Llewellyn Ave., continues on Boush St., then turns right on Brambleton, following the pedestrian path underneath Boush St. towards the Freemason area.
Traffic Restriction Highlights:
– Around Mowbray Arch, runners will be closest to the Hague; residents will be allowed to leave and turn right only to get to next intersection to leave the area. East traffic will not be allowed on Mowbray Arch while the race is in progress.
– On Colley Avenue, south traffic will be open all morning. North traffic will only be allowed from Brambleton Ave. to Redgate Ave. while the race is in progress.
– On Llewellyn Avenue, south traffic will be open all morning. North traffic will be restricted to one lane from Va Beach Blvd. to 19th Street.
Leaving the Area on Sunday, 11/23:
– No restrictions before 7:15am or after 11:15am.
– From 7:15am to 8:45am, exit/enter the Ghent area at Princess Anne Rd. & Llewellyn Ave. Police at this intersection will allow traffic to cross when there is a break in runner flow.
– After 8:45am, exit/enter the area at W. Olney Rd. & Colley Ave. The last runner should pass this intersection by 8:45am.
– All roads in the Ghent area will be reopened by 11:15am.
Complete race weekend details can be found at www.harborlightshalf.com
If you have questions, please contact Bob Schniedwind at 412-1056, or firstname.lastname@example.org